Saturday, July 27, 2013

So yah that was a 5K well more...

This morning I got up and it was a crazy gorgeous day weather wise. We never have this kind of weather at the end of July. I was scheduled for a 9:15 Fusion class so I decided I needed to get a run in. So, off I went. The goal was to walk a minute, run a minute and repeat for 45 minutes minimum.

I started out on my usual route and a funny thing happened. The running felt good. I felt fast, I felt free I felt like somehow I was to be envied. And rather than turning left, I turned right and went further and further and further....

I should mention I use an app on my iPhone called 'Map my Walk'. You can use GPS with it so I usually start it when I start my run/walks and figure out my distance at the end.

...back to how I was going further....

If I didn't have a 9:15 class I would have kept going. But, I had to turn towards home so I could eat some protein before class. I attacked the hills between where I was and my house. And I kept running! And then, I got home and stopped my mapping app. I about died when I saw. I knocked out a 5K! Well, actually I knocked out 5.5K! And I wasn't miserable. I was warmed up and ready for class!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment