Thursday, December 26, 2013

Walking into the room...

We had our company party the second weekend of December. It is generally a more formal event with a band and party dresses. First off let's talk dresses.

In years past, I would buy something that would cover me, tent me, hide me....and deal with it. This year I opted to show some skin. Yup I bought a little black dress. Sleeveless and short. I wore hot pink heels and I had a spray tan a couple days before! Yup totally different.

The most fun thing is that everyone I hadn't seen in a year or two was SHOCKED! And kept telling me how great I looked. But better than that, I felt beautiful. I felt gorgeous. I felt alive. I had no qualms about showing my arms and I stood up straight and smiled for all the pictures.

It was a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment