Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Walking into a 'normal' store...

I went to a normal store. That is to say a store that sells clothes that 'normal' sized people go to. Where they don't sell clothes in my old size on the racks, rather you have to order those online. I went to a normal store and I walked from rack to rack thinking about the clothes, trying to figure out what size I am. I pulled the largest size and somehow knew it was wrong but still took a couple dresses in that size as sort of a security blanket. I went to the dressing room and tried on everything the big size was way to big and the smallest size I pulled was just right. I turned around, looked in the mirror and thought. Then I put it all back on hangers and walked out without buying a thing.

The old me would have snatched up the first thing that fit, thankful that it covered me. The new me stopped to think if I really liked what I was wearing and since I didn't I put it back. I knew I could go to another 'normal' store and buy something better.

1 comment:

  1. I can REALLY relate to this one. I can't wait to be able to wear clothes that I actually like again! It's been years. You are an inspiration! Go girl!

    <3 Emily

    ReplyDelete