Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Walking past Mi Ranchito...

I work with all boys...well men...but boys at heart. Don't get me wrong there are women at our company but I am surrounded by boys. These guys go out to lunch all the time. Buffets, burger specials, mexican you name it. It used to be that I knew all the lunch specials and I would go with them every single day.
One of my favorites was a local Mexican restaurant. In fact my 'last meal' out if you will was to that place. It actually has several locations around town. One is underneath the fusion studio. No kidding.

Every single day I walk past that place. I see people on the patios enjoying chips, salsa, guac etc. I carry my yoga mat past the margaritas, past the queso and up the stairs to get my ass kicked. And I walk downstairs sweaty and disgusting past that same patio but this time with staring eyes. See I've stopped covering up. I wear form fitted clothes to work out in. When I arrive at the studio I am generally in work clothes and I change. When I leave I am dripping in sweat and wearing spandex type clothes.

I like to imagine the people staring are thinking, damn I should work out and not eat another nacho.

No comments:

Post a Comment