Monday, October 28, 2013

I'm in the fast group....

Ok so fast may not be the right descriptor.

This morning we did a new workout that I don't think I've ever done. We lined up on one side of the soccer field in groups of 2,3 or 4....our trainer S said she wanted the people that didn't modify and could do more reps at one end and those that needed to modify at the other end. Basically she was lining us up so that no one felt like they were too slow and weren't intimadated.

But, by the same token she told us to group with people that we know would push us. I was in a group 2nd to the end on the NON-modifying end. Now a word about modifications, there is nothing wrong with them. In fact it is better to do a move modified and properly than non-modified and sloppy. I still modify some things because I know I get a better burn and do it much better.

So there we were in our groups. Each group had a notecard of an exercise. Basically we were doing a circuit. But, after 20 reps of a move, you had to sprint across the soccer field and back then do another 20. We were at each station for 3 minutes. There were I believe 10 stations or so maybe 12...

I remember a long time ago when I was the slowest. Today I felt like I was FLYING across that field. I even heard one person in my group say 'Wow, Courtney is a great pusher.' BEST FEELING EVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment