Sunday, October 27, 2013

Today I learned I can jump...

Let's start by understanding, I am currently in PAIN....like OW holy crap.

Ok moving on. This morning I got up and met up with the Trolley Run Running Group. It is brand new and we are training for the run, however I should mention I don't get to do the run because well, I help 'to run' the run...I'm on the committee.

Then after an early morning chilly run, I headed to Fusion for Circuit with J. J is AWESOME! She pushes us and it is never boring, but I will say she was a cheerleader and LOVES JUMPING...and there was a lot of jumping.

I had three crazy conquests today at three different stations today.

1. Jab/Jump: With weights in hands you throw a couple left jabs then jump up onto a step with 2 risers twice then repeat on the right. Conquest: I jumped up and down without thinking about it. I felt very bouncy.

2. Toe Tap/Jump: Again with weights in hands did 4 high knee toe taps on top to the top of a step on 4 risers. Yes 4... Conquest: I JUMPED UP on the high step without stressing and I saw a tiny girl come after me who freaked and couldn't do it.

3. Frog Jumps: In plank kick legs back like a frog, then jump up and do two frog jumps in the air. Conquest: This was my last station and I had a burst of energy and jumped crazy high (for me).

A few months ago I couldn't jump. And now I can do it without freaking out. When you are crazy overweight, you constantly fear falling down because your center of gravity is an unknown. You feel clumsy and unable to move with grace.

I'm starting to feel graceful!


No comments:

Post a Comment