Thursday, August 15, 2013

I retired my yellow mat...

Remember my yellow yoga mat? If not this might refresh your memory...

Well, it was looking sad and beat up and I loved it and hated to part with it, so I didn't. Instead I retired it to be a soccer field/outdoor workout only yoga mat.

So, it was time to pick a new yoga mat. It may seem like a frivilous purchase but think about this. I workout between 12 and 13 hours a week. Of those workouts 2/3rds of them are generally with a yoga mat (if not more). You spend a lot of time on that mat and it had better be a good one. While I loved my yellow one (cause I was always the only person with yellow), I opted not to get another one like it. I needed something fresh and new and that included a new color.

So without looking up the meaning of the color, I opted to just pick a color I thought suited me and I chose pink.

When I see pink I think of my sorority. And no, I am not in college. I am far from it. But those women are still very much a part of my life. And, when I see pink I smile. So I bought a pink mat.

Then, I looked up what it meant... brace yourselves... Pink = Sweet, Romantic and Idealistic.

Eight months ago I would have said, um hell no. But now, I don't know I think that side of me is starting to come out again. So, Pink it is. But no worries, my yellow one is still doing its job too!


No comments:

Post a Comment