Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Me and my yellow yoga mat...

I travel with a yoga mat and a towel in my car constantly now. The yoga mat is for class because it is necessary. The towel is so I can dry it and myself off midway through a workout because it is so soaked with sweat that I can't keep from slipping. Tonight I had my second Wednesday night Switch Up Fusion class. This is the one that tried to kill me last week. Tonight I was introduced to the joy of sliders. You stand on them and do all sorts of horrible moves that a human should never be forced to do. But tonight I noticed something. I was the only one in my class with a bright yellow mat.

Yellow has always been my favorite color. Light yellow, bright yellow, soft yellow, yellow with a hint of orange...it is my favorite. It is the color of my favorite flower and soon to be the color of my living room. I remembered during class that supposedly colors of yoga mats have to do with your chakras and say something about your personality. So tonight when I got home, obsessed with the color of my mat, I looked it up and here is what I learned.

  • A yellow mat indicates that I am joyous
  • A yellow mat indicates that I am happy
  • A yellow mat indicates that I am hopeful
  • Apparently a yellow mat indicates that when I walk into a room it is filled with sunshine and lightness
  • Best of all, my yellow mat means that I inspire optimism in others and I hope that I am doing that with this project

No comments:

Post a Comment