Tuesday, May 21, 2013

18 weeks...

I have been on this journey for 18 weeks. 18 weeks ago I made a choice. I chose myself. I chose to re-prioritize my life. I chose to ignore the voice in me that said I couldn't do this and opted to lie to myself until my lie became a reality. I wake in the morning and think about my day and all I can accomplish. I put my head down at night and I know (99% of the time) that I did my best. I consider every decision I make, however mundane it might seem, and how it impacts my well being.

And so at 18 weeks of choosing myself I can sit here and type...
I've lost 43 pounds
I've lost 25 inches on my body (10 on my waist, 8 on my hips and 7 on my chest).
I can do push ups, LOTS OF THEM
I can make healthy eating choices and enjoy those choices
I can make my life a priority, without ignoring my obligations
I can push myself to go faster, harder, longer and to be stronger
I only think happy thoughts about myself now...because having a negative self image is exhausting

I can do this, and I want other people to know they have the capacity to do this.

I'm ready for another 18 weeks! Yup, 18 more weeks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment