Friday, May 17, 2013

It's the little things...

My body has gone through a lot of changes. I will post 6 week results here soon (we measure on Monday) but for now I'd like to share this little musing.

Summertime means open toed shoes. It means making sure your toenails look nice, well actually that your feet in general aren't disgusting. In the past it was a nice luxury to go get a pedicure and enjoy that expensive indulgence.

But, if I'm being totally honest, it was actually just easier to have someone else do it cause frankly I was too fat. I had to contort my body in crazy positions to get my toes just right. So I gave up.

The other morning I was rushing out the door and I switched to open toed shoes. My toes weren't painted so without thinking I grabbed my favorite color and started painting. It wasn't til I was done 1 minute later that I realised 'Oh my gosh, I didn't have to twist or bend or stretch!' It isn't hard for me to do this simple thing anymore.

So get ready cause I will spend the whole summer in open toed shoes sporting my favorite OPI polish that is named 'I'm Not Really A Waitress.'



No comments:

Post a Comment