Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oh yah I got my Red Dress On...

First off I am FINALLY on the mend. It was at about this week in the last bootcamp that I got the Flu and it took me a few days to work out again. And then I coughed for about two weeks of workouts. So I know I can come back from this. At this point I am coughing, I get fatigued and oh yah I have an ear thing going on that is causing positional vertigo. Awesome. But I'm gonna get up in the morning and go to bootcamp.

On to fun things. I left my home for 4 hours on Saturday to go to Derby Day which is a benefit for a place I love The Children's Center for the Visually Impaired (CCVI) held every year for the Kentucky Derby. I don't know if it is the fact that I had a great new hat or that my dress finally fit.

Almost a year ago I was introduced to Modcloth. It is my favorite online shopping site, though I have only made one purchase. See, I love the dresses on this site but there are very few big girl dresses. A year ago I spotted a dress I adored and I bought it in the largest size I could. It came and very obviously didn't fit. It was so tight I could barely put it on. It was not flattering and I was so sad. I did not however return this dress. I hung it and put it on the back of my bedroom door. I could see this dress every morning before I opened and every night as I closed it. I kept thinking, 'What a perfect Derby dress this could be.' A month ago I tried it on and it sort of fit. It wasn't perfect but that was ok.

The day of the Derby I was still feeling bad but was bound and determined to wear that dress. Hell it would probably be way too big next year. So I got up and got dressed and when I put that dress on it was perfect. I felt so pretty and so happy and most of all proud. Everyone loved the dress and I even won best ensemble. But most importantly, the dress is no longer hanging on the back of my door, but is now in my laundry pile since she finally got worn to a party.

Here is a picture of me in the dress with my two tall friends who have been great cheerleaders for me...



No comments:

Post a Comment