Monday, May 13, 2013

On trying new things...

I've mentioned a couple times that my company takes part in the KC Corporate Challenge. I have opted to participate in three events. Golf, Soccer and Basketball. The first one was what seemed comfortable. Everyone in my family golfs from a young age. I love it. It is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. This past weekend the tournament was held and while the course was in bad shape, the speed of play was painful and I didn't play so well....I had a blast. I not only played 18 but I was thrilled because where I usually wear out by hole 7 (so I generally played 9) I didn't wear out until around hole 16 or 17! The work I have put in over the past few months has had a great effect on my game



But this is about trying new things...and that's what I did! I signed up for Soccer and Basketball. While we haven't had a practice for Basketball yet, we have had a couple Soccer practices. Today we played 3:3 like we will for the tournament. We had a blast and got a little aggressive. So much so that I collided with a friend and we went down. That resulted in a pulled quad for me and a bruised knee for her. I'm hoping icing the leg and taking Ibuprofen will help. When another friend of mine, a guy, told me to suck it up and teased about the whiny soccer players I said...'Hey, can you just high five me cause I never would have done this a year ago.' And, he did.

It is like all of a sudden I have found my bravery and my willingness to make an ass of myself. Did I mention that Saturday night I sang Karaoke solo for the first (and possibly last) time ever?! Never would have done that before this started.

No comments:

Post a Comment