Sunday, April 7, 2013

And it begins again...

There is such an anticipation building inside me. Today was the kick off meeting for Bootcamp. There are 11 of us going through it together again with 20+ new women to the group. It's like the first day of school everyone eyeing each other and sizing each other up. I wanted to give all the new women a hug and tell them DO NOT BE SCARED! I wanted them to know that it is gonna hurt and that the mental will be the hardest part. That they will sacrifice and miss events, they will have to bypass the treats and it will seem so hard. I want them to know that it is worth it!

I'm not saying the weight loss is what makes it worth it. Or that the inches lost makes up for it. I want them to know that the sacrifice and work will give them a sense of pride that nothing else could. That they will look in the mirror and fall in love with themselves in a way that they never knew was possible. That they will look at their world as full of opportunities for them to seize because they will feel empowered to do so!

I wanted to take the nerves and fear away from them, but then I realized ...if they didn't have the chance to feel that they wouldn't feel the sense of empowerment and pride that is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment