Friday, April 5, 2013

Replacing emotional eating...

This week has been a sad week. While I have enjoyed my break from the early mornings, other life events have thrown a curve ball. This week I am sad for a friend who lost a loved one unexpectedly. I'm sad for her and her family and I worry about her. On the day it happened I was scheduled for my murderous Wednesday night class.

I was very tempted to drop my class and just go home and eat comfort food. But I am a new me. So instead I went to class and worked really hard and thought of her most of the class as I pushed and thought of how I can help her over the next days, weeks and months. And, when class was over I didn't have an answer but I also didn't feel bad about being filled with junk food. I think this was a big step to replacing comfort eating/ emotional eating with a positive act. So I will continue to think about her in these coming days as I push and use that time to think of ways I can help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment