Thursday, July 25, 2013

And all of a sudden its 1995...

My company went jeans casual. I hate it. Don't get me wrong it is cool to have the option, but, when you are losing a lot of weight clothes are expensive. And, jeans don't look good when they are too big. So I have put off buying jeans. I figure it is Summer so it's too hot for jeans.

When I left the office today, I decided I wanted jeans that fit. Just one pair. So I had some time to kill before an event so I went to a store. I don't want to 'advertise' for them so I will call the store 'New Army.' There is a lot about this trip I want to share.

First, 'New Army' is next door to one of 2 stores I could generally shop in before that carried my size. I used to walk in and glance at 'New Army' and think, 'Man, it would be nice to go in there and try things on.' Instead I would walk into the 'Big Girl' store and buy clothes I didn't love and walk away frustrated. Today I walked into 'New Army' without even thinking twice about the old store next door.

I made my way to the jeans, a foreign section to me. they have different cuts based on your body type and apparently I am a 'skinny' jeans girl. So I grabbed a pair in a number I knew should fit and just for kicks grabbed a pair a size down from that. With the jeans in hand I trekked to the dressing room.

Dressing rooms for me used to be a place to get in, get out, don't linger, don't look, don't care. If it buttons buy it, if it doesn't run away! Today, I lingered. I pulled on the size I knew would fit and well while they buttoned and zipped no problem they were baggy. I noticed this because I looked in the mirror. And then, I looked down at jeans that were a size smaller. Shrugged my shoulders and thought, 'Why not?'

I pulled em on and damn if they didn't fit. Oh my gosh they FIT! And they felt good...That is when the mental math started happening and I realized that the last time I was this size was about 1995 or 96. Talk about a Throw Back Thursday!

As I shrink out of clothes they get kicked out of my home. But, I kept one pair of my largest jeans so I can always remember where I was and where I never want to be again!

No comments:

Post a Comment