Tuesday, July 23, 2013

On not letting the excuses derail you..

Today was one of those days. The kind where you wake up and you have so much on your to-do list that you want to pull the blanket over your head and sleep on through the day. This is where the new me kicks the old me's ass.

Not only did I tackle my to do list, but I managed to work in two workouts. You can see em here if you don't believe me. The second one (at lunch) was fun because I discovered the fun of hitting the walking trails across the road from my office.

It is easy to get derailed, believe me I know. It is easy to say 'Oh XYZ happened so I can't work out today,' or 'I don't have time to make a healthy choice so I will run through the drive through.'

Guess what, there is absolutely NO REASON you can't squeeze in at least 30 minutes of a workout. I am trying to get in 120 minutes a day of a workout during this project so surely 30 minutes are available in everyone's day somewhere.

And, surprise, it takes almost the EXACT same amount of time to drive to a grocery store and get a salad as it does to drive to a fast food drive through. The only difference, you have to (OH MY GOSH) get out of the car and walk a few hundred feet round trip.

You know what, for every excuse I hear I try to silently come up with a response. I don't always say them out loud. I do this not to be judgmental of others but because, well, there isn't a single excuse I could hear that I haven't used in some form. By formulating a response to these in my head I find it easier to not make those excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment