Friday, July 26, 2013

Oh no...oh no...is this the start of shin splints...

So I am enjoying running, to a degree. I mean don't get me wrong it isn't my favorite. But there is something immensely satisfying about putting on my workout gear mid day and walking out of the office across the street to run around the lakes. I like walking past folks heading out for fast food...I like feeling the sun and the sweat...I love watching my heart rate go up then down during intervals.

I don't like the hurting. My shins have started to really bother me in the last couple days. I will ice them but yah, I am afraid I am starting to get shin splints. Until now I was running on the indoor soccer field mostly with the soft cushion. I only occasionally ran outside. I have a goal to make a dent in this couch to 5k program, but this could be a different sort of challenge with regards to pushing through the pain or knowing when to stop. Time will tell, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment