Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I used to carry that around every day...

First things first...I AM ON VACATION!!! I am at our family home in Northern Michigan and I am so so so happy. This is my bliss. While I drive north from the airport, I feel all of my exhaustion/tension/stress all melt away. 

But, I had an amazing epiphany in the airport parking lot. I was walking out to our car (we leave one here all summer and trade it off in the airport parking lot) and I was schlepping a small carry on bag, my purse and my golf clubs. About half way to the car I had to pause. I was wiped out and everything was so damn heavy. I did the math in my head and realized that all of those bags added up to about the amount of weight I lost and I almost lost it right there in the parking lot of Cherry Capital International Airport.

How the F*** did I get from point A to point B when I was carrying all that weight all day every day?! Just, unreal.

So tonight I knocked out 5 1/2 miles run/walk...well more walk than run. But I kept admiring the scenery...






No comments:

Post a Comment