Thursday, July 18, 2013

I forgot how hard this is..

Last bootcamp, well,  I kind of slept through it. Don't get me wrong I lost weight. I got in better shape. But, in all honesty I did not give it 100%.

This round is different. I am pushing myself to get after it. It is now 4 days in and I have 8 of my 12 workouts for the 7 days done. Don't believe me? Check out my log here...

I'm recording everything. I'm writing every day and I am pushing. Already I have seen the scale start dropping. I should mention, that yes I do get on the scale every morning. But, I do not get on and only smile if I've lost. I get on first thing in the morning to remind myself where I am, where I am trying to go and I almost always step off and regardless of the number I marvel at where I was on January 6, 2013 (the night before I made this choice).

I'm working out, I'm drinking a ridiculous amount of water and I am eating constantly. Wait, what's that? YES I am eating constantly. Almost every 2 hours I eat. But, I am eating whole foods (save for the occasional treat that does get counted). I eat every couple hours for a couple reasons.

1. It keeps my blood sugar from dropping down and making me devour anything I see.
2. In order to get 1200 calories of food (when I am eating whole foods) I kind of have to eat every couple hours... 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00 and then a small snack/dinner after my workout.

My mind is never far from this mission that I am on. I am reminded every time I have to eat. I am also reminded every time I sit/stand/lift my arms/try to tie my shoe etc. Cause yup, I am in PAIN. Not 'Ow I injured myself' pain but a 'WOW, I haven't felt that in a while who knew I had muscles there...' pain. My friend F who did this in the first round with me said to me today "That's good! It means you are breaking through your plateau." God, I hope she is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment