Sunday, July 28, 2013

Not shin splints, and salty sweat in my eye is annoying...

My legs, though sore, are feeling better. I think it isn't shin splints as earlier thought just a case of 'Crap what are you doing to me' from my legs.

In other news, today was Circuit Circus class. I LOVE this class. The regular instructor was out and that was a bummer and there were a TON of no-shows (like we only had 15 people where normally there are 30-40). The class is great. It is a guaranteed 500 calorie burn. Here is how it works:

There are about 15 'stations'. At each station there are 2 exercises. You generally have two people at each station so one does one exercise while the other does the other...then after 1 minute you switch and after each person has done both exercises at the station, you rotate. By about station 4 you are working up a pretty good sweat. Today was no exception. While in plank, sweat was streaming down my face and into my eyes so I finally had to just close my eyes and deal with it. Sometimes at the end of the circuit we knock out 10 minutes of abs. Today, every few stations, our substitute instructor would stop us and have us do something painful...deep squats, deep lunges, lengthy planking etc.

If you can make it through this class and/or Switch Up on Wednesday nights then you are a damn hero in my opinion...which means I have a pretty high opinion of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment