Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I threw myself a dance party...

So personal confession...last night I threw myself a dance party. Just me. In my tiny house. In my itty bitty living room....

It started when I turned around real quick and balanced in a way I hadn't done since I was a kid in ballet. I then thought..."Wow didn't realize I could do that again!" I began to think about what else I could do...so I tried...ballet, tap, plain ole bustin a move...I finished it off with 'attempting' a back bend...HOLY SHIT...yah a bit too far.

Then I sat down and thought about my body. About how I had abused it all these years. About how this year has really been a love letter to myself. I was grateful to my mind for pushing my body and I think my body was grateful too....and then...I danced some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment