Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The sickness of a 5:30am workout...

So the classes I go to you have to sign up before you go. And sometimes if you don't sign up early enough, you end up on the waitlist. Sometimes you want of the waitlist and let's be honest sometimes you kind of hope that 'oh well' didn't get in...sleep in...occurs...

This week I have been pushing for 5:30am classes. This isn't normal for me. I like bootcamp mornings but morning classes every day, that shit is tough! Let's talk about what it takes...

To get to a 5:30 am class, I have to go to bed at 9:00pm or earlier. I get up at 4:40. I set two alarms to make sure this happens (but sometimes I mess em up). I walk out the door by 4:55 to drive to the studio or the soccer fields. If I go to the soccer fields or the studio out south, I have to pack my clothes and lunch and schlep it with me cause I'm not coming home. I like to be in the studio by 5:15 am. I like to get a good spot and I get in a good mental place to work out. I leave class at 6:30 am and either drive home or to the office or to my parents to get ready for work. So 5:30 am classes are hard logistically.

But, lately I get excited when I see an email come through that sais 'You've been added from the waitlist...'... what the hell is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment