Sunday, September 22, 2013

What a difference 9 months make...

Today was our check in / kick off for Bootcamp. It was the 4th start of a bootcamp for me. As I drove to the studio, I was very aware of my emotions and mentally compared them to how I felt all those months ago. I was excited and ready and knew that I could totally do this. I remembered how scared I was to walk into this strange place that I circled the block multiple times waiting. I remember how awkward I felt in the workout clothes and how seeing all those skinny girls I knew that I would fail....What a difference 9 months make.

Today, it felt like walking into my clubhouse. I feel so comfortable there. I know people I know what I am doing and it is just routine. And that is when I became aware of the newbies. The girls that were sitting up against the wall not talking to anyone. The girls who had that look of terror or self conciousness about them...and that is when I knew I had to pay it forward. I made an effort to introduce myself to a few of them and tell them a little bit of my story and encourage them that they can do it! They can totally get through this and own it. Some belived me, some looked at me like I was crazy. But, I want every woman who walks into this place to know that she will gain so much.

The most telling part of the day? When R took my 'Before' shots and when we were done she looked at me and said 'Wow so much more confident than the first time...'....Yup I am.

Don't forget you can follow my log for the 4.0 workouts on this page

No comments:

Post a Comment