Tuesday, February 19, 2013

And then you get back up...

I threw a pity party for myself. From about 6:30 yesterday morning until about 6:00 tonight. I was tired, frustrated, I wanted to eat anything I damn well pleased. I was sore, I was jealous of the skinny girls and I wanted nothing more than to see results. At 6:00 tonight, Fusion class started. And for the first time in a few weeks, my class did not involve Gliders. And just like that, I was happy. Gliders are discs that you stand on then you go into plank and do mountain climbers, spider mans and a plethora of pain inducing moves. I hate them...I Hate Them...I HATE THEM!!! Every time you walk into class there is a list on the board of equipment you need...bands, weights, stability balls, weighted balls, gym balls (like the kind for dodgeball). When that list has Gliders I immediately feel a sense of not only dread but a sense that the class will defeat me. Tonight, NO GLIDERS. I felt an immediate shift in my attitude and demeanor. I smiled, I stretched and I went after it. So, the pity party is over. I'm back in the game and when I get down again, I will remember that it is ok to be upset as long as you get back up.

Also, I want to give a shout out to Allison H. who this afternoon gave me pep talks via text message. It is so helpful to have this amazing group of women who prop you up when you are down...

No comments:

Post a Comment