Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Encouragement where you look for it...

Sometimes when the thought of putting on your shoes and walking out the door is more than you can handle you have to dig deep and think about how good you will feel when you are done. Motivation is a little hard for me right now.

My body is still completely exhausted and I feel like it is working against me. I am struggling to eat enough. I know that sounds silly when I'm working hard to lose weight, but I have to get a minimum amount of calories to function and meet the physical demands of the project. The calories can't be junk I need protein and complex carbs. The flu took my appetite and food just doesn't appeal to me right now. So I watch the clock and force myself to eat at certain times and even then I can't finish what I made. Water is also an issue. I try to drink it but my body just doesn't want it right now.

So, I'm frustrated. I wake with coughing fits. I cough all day. It is a deep painful one that gets worse with exertion. Here I am trying to make my body healthier and it is really fighting me. So when I could go home and go to bed, why on earth would I put on my nasty workout clothes and shoes and go to class instead.

Well, encouragement is there you just have to look for it. When I went to pop another cough drop, I stopped and read the wrapper. Who knew that there was encouragement on a cough drop wrapper. I never in my life paid attention until now. So tonight, thanks to Halls cough drops (not a product endorsement) for convincing me to push through and try my best.





No comments:

Post a Comment