Thursday, February 28, 2013

On forgiving myself...

Sometimes you slip...it's human. What I am working on with this project is how to forgive myself without derailing myself. In the past, my downfall would be making a bad choice (food, laziness etc.) and rather than recognizing that its a bad choice and then moving on I let it get me down. In all other aspects of my life (work, charity work, friendships) I have held myself to a high standard that has increased my stress level immensely. It compounds my anxiety and when I slip it destroys me. So as much as this is a physical project, it is a mental one. So yes, perhaps I ate something I shouldn't or I didn't push myself in that last workout. My new goal is to recognize the bad choice, think about why I made it and forgive myself without giving myself permission to make that bad choice repeatedly.

1 comment:

  1. I need to work on this as well. Like when after I had one miniature dark chocolate bar, I get so mad at myself for caving I end up eating 3 more. It's a daily battle- and one I need to get under control!

    ReplyDelete