Saturday, February 16, 2013

My new favorite thing...

Don't let the title mislead you, my new favorite thing has nothing to do with exercise or diet. It has to do with conversations I'm having with friends and family. Today my best friend S stopped by with a belated valentine. A heart shaped candy box filled with carrots. We started talking about the changes I've been making and she casually mentioned that she'd been working out again after a hiatus due in small part to what I've been doing.

I love hearing things like that. I keep getting emails, voice mails and notes from people saying they are motivated to get moving or make good food choices. While I feel good about any part I've played in inspiring this, I'm more excited that people I love are making new good choices. I worry that at some point I will stop making these good choices. It is a distinct possibility. I have been known to get on health kicks (though never to this degree or with this amount of commitment). I hope that I don't but who knows what the future holds. But, I think, if people around me are moving to good choices and making changes that will make it easier for me to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment