Friday, February 1, 2013

The question I hate most...

It's FRIDAY! That means another bootcamp morning and plenty of time no rush for my evening workout. Bootcamp mornings never fail to introduce new 'fun' activities. Today we did a four station circuit.
Station 1: Sprint forward, Run Backward (3 min)
Station 2: Tricep Dips on a Bench (45 sec) Pushups on a Bench (45 sec) Repeat!
Station 3: Wall sits (45 sec) Wall taps (45 sec) Repeat!
Station 4: Stair Run (3 min)

Oh and guess what after we did those stations and a mini-fusion class..we did all four stations AGAIN!

It was that last one that I thought was gonna kill me. It is no secret I'm the slowest one in the group. I bring up the rear quite nicely though I hate it and I try to do better. Today during the stair run I was so thankful to my group that said...Keep going girl! You got this! Looking good! It made me feel good.

I've become more open about this process and have been telling people what I'm doing which is nice but it inevitably leads to my least favorite question... "How much have you lost?" There it is. This process defined as a scale and a loss. And while I partially hate that because the numbers aren't dropping drastically, I mostly hate it because if it was about losing then I would have lost interest 3 1/2 weeks ago. Tonight, I want to turn that around to what I've gained in almost 4 weeks of this.

Confidence: 4 weeks ago I walked into a room full of strangers who were all smaller and more athletic than me. And you know what? I stayed! And when I couldn't do what they were doing I did what I could and I stopped being embarrassed. I used to walk into a gym like I was covered for a long trek into the tundra, now a small t-shirt, tight pants, shoes and socks are all I need. I don't care what people think.

Sleep: I go to bed exhausted not from laziness but because I have burned a ton of calories and eaten right and focused. I haven't had heartburn in the middle of the night since this started. I go to bed early and I wake up early and I'm used to it.

Organization: I'm generally an organized person. This has pushed me to be hyper organized. I know everything I'm going to eat and when I'm gonna eat it. My laundry is constantly done and put away. I know what I am going to wear every day and I know exactly where I am supposed to be at every moment.

Health: I haven't had processed sugar since this began. I have eaten fruits, veggies, lean proteins and very little in the way of grains. And I haven't been hungry. I am working to cut all processed foods and next week I am tackling soda. I used to struggle to get to 15 minutes on the elliptical and tonight I walked away from 55 min plus the rest of my take home workout. My cholesterol has dropped, and because I drink water CONSTANTLY my skin looks fantastic.

Pride: Every night I look in the mirror and I smile at myself because I know that I worked hard that day, that I made good choices for my body and that I did something today that yesterday I didn't think I could do.

So, when someone asks me how much I've lost I tell them some and there is more to go. Then I smile because inside I know they just don't get it and I wish I could make them get it then I move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment