Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pushing myself...

Two nights in a row of Fusion classes. Last night was Fusion and tonight was Switch Up. I love the instructor for this class. She is the epitome of physical fitness and that could intimidate me but she always has positive things to say to everyone while encouraging them to get even better. Tonight we must have heard the phrase 'Push yourselves' two dozen times. After about the ninth time I started to ponder what that really means. What does it mean to push myself? Notice she didn't expect us all to be identical it is like she was encouraging us to set our own expectations. I'm not gonna lie, tonight was hard and yes I'm still recovering. But, tonight I tried almost every move without modification. No I didn't succeed at every move and sometimes I only did the move once or twice before I went to modified...but the point is I tried. I'm trying to push back the mental blocks I have imposed on myself to discover what my physical abilities are. Sometimes they are better than I thought and sometimes they are worse. But instead of not trying I am pushing myself to give it a shot.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pushing throught those same mental blocks. You know what- we CAN do this! Maybe not as long as we would like, but the only thing that will get us there is doing it as often and as long as we can.
    :)
    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete