Thursday, February 14, 2013

When in doubt just try...

I have done things in the past 5 1/2 weeks that I never imagined I would. And each time I try something new, even if I can barely manage it or can't even do it I am pleased with myself. I am pleased because I tried. I didn't make an excuse. When I do make excuses, I look back with regrets. I find my days filled with more pride than regret. And today I was rewarded.

Last week I ruined the only pair of jeans that fit me. Spilled some bleach on them apparently. So, I went online to order a new pair. When this project started, those jeans barely fit me. They were tight...tight...tight. I had jeans that were a size larger (the largest I had ever owned) and I wore those more. After the last few weeks I couldn't wear those larger ones. And the size down was feeling good. So when it time to buy a new pair, I was tempted to buy the same style in the same size and then I thought...wait...go for it. And, I bought the exact same style one size down. If you've lost count that is two sizes down from the pair I was wearing at the start of this. I figured, even if I can't do it yet, I will get into them.

Today, I came home and there was the package on the front doorstep. I took them inside and opened them up and held them up. I knew they wouldn't fit yet, so I threw them on the chair and started to get ready for the gym. But curiosity got the better of me. So, I took a deep breath and pulled them on. And with not even a wince of trying, they were on. Zipped...buttoned....and covering my fanny. All because I just tried. I then promptly went to the gym and worked my butt off despite the coughs to finish one of our take home workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment