Friday, March 1, 2013

Laughing through the pain...

Tonight I took a new class 'Fusion 50'. Did you know that standing on a step with your leg elevated and pulsing while pulling on a band is well...in a word....miserable. It hurts as you try to keep your balance and lift your leg and make yourself focus. Enter the people in the class....
With 'K' on my right and 'M' on my left I can't tell you how often we glanced at each other and exchanged those knowing glances that said 'We have to do what?---Oh god this hurts!---Will this ever end?!' And then you smile...you giggle to yourself because someone gets it. Then the instructor, an old friend from college, walks by you at the precise wrong time and you give her the look of 'How can you do this to me?' Not to worry cause after class I apologized because really, it was a great class. She pushed me and when I reflect on it I think about the fact that while I can't do it perfectly, it is a hell of a lot better than I would have eight weeks ago. Even better the fact that I can laugh in the middle of a class like that and not be mad at myself rather be proud of myself.

2 comments:

  1. You worked through that class so strong! Your endurance was better then some! Be proud & sore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear the only way to get through some of those classes is to laugh. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?! You look great Courtney, and this morning you were totally my inspiration- rocking the sprints, the burpees, and the sprints again with a big a** smile all over your face. Love ya girl, and keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete