Monday, March 4, 2013

An end to the waiting and the start of anticipating....

I've waited patiently. I've worked hard and waited. I've eaten right and waited. I've suffered through the hurt and aches and waited. And today, the wait paid off. I not only passed the 20lb weight loss mark but had the single biggest weight loss week to date...8 POUNDS!!!
Suddenly my jumping jacks kicked in, planking didn't hurt as much and sprinting (while annoying) was no problem. I hit the burpees like I never hated them and rode that high all morning. I told anyone and everyone what I did. And while I still have a long way to go, this was the kick in the pants I needed to get re-invigorated with this project. All these weeks I've said it's not about the scale, and it still isn't. But it is about how I feel about myself and how I have been working hard and how I know I have given myself a wonderful gift. And so I enter the last four weeks of this first session with a new optimism and hope that I will get to where I want to be, where I deserve to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment