Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gliders, aka my Mt. Everest...

It is no secret that I despise gliders. I think they are the tools of the devil and watching tiny girls scoot around on em makes me mad. But, today in our Circuit class, J pushed me to use them. She did it in a forceful yet kind manner...sneaking up behind me while in a mountain climber position (sans the gliders I should have been using) and she slid em under my feet. She counted and said encouraging things and pushed me the last 10, 8, 5...4...3...2...1. And when I was done and ready to move on G one station over told me good job. And that was exactly the combination I needed. Don't get me wrong I have a long way to go before I am comfortable or can do them with any degree of experience. But it sure felt good when that countdown was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment