Thursday, March 14, 2013

On changing my thought allocation...

I said something today to a friend over the phone and as I was saying it I was realizing it. It started with me being so super excited that I am wearing a new, smaller, dress and that I feel good in it. That I am showing my arms and not hiding them under layers. I was talking about all of this when I said to her, "I look in the mirror every day and I'm amazed. I haven't had a negative thought about my body in the longest time." And, as I reflect on that, I realize how important that is. While no my body isn't anywhere near where I want it to be, my attitude towards it is changing so much. I am noticing the toning, and the shape of my: arms, waist, bust, ass, tummy and legs. I notice the improvements in my skin and hair and overall complexion. I thought about my statement to my friend and how much time I spent every day thinking about how much I hated my body. And I don't do that anymore. It has freed up my thoughts to turn to so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment