Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Moving into new territory...

There are ellipticals all over my gym. Some are lined up along the track. My go-to one overlooks the indoor pool. I'm a fan of this one cause I love watching all the old folks in water aerobics or parents trying to teach kids to swim. They fat guys who think a workout is 2 laps and a hot tub/sauna. I make up stories about everyone down there. But, there is one set I've avoided unless forced to use them. They are the line of ellipticals in the big room with three rows of cardio equipment and a big mirror in front of you. You can see yourself, you can see everyone in the room and that means they can all see you. I've used the isolated machines I think because subconsciously I wasn't ok with people seeing me exercise. Or rather, strangers seeing me. Today, I didn't even look at my isolated in the corner machine, rather I marched right up to the cardio room, front row and got moving. Now to be fair it helped that there is a gorgeous guy I see there every day and it's enjoyable to sneak a peek....but really I was proud of myself for getting up there and moving. Moving fast and catching others watching me. And, when I did catch them watching me, I smiled because I knew I looked good!

No comments:

Post a Comment