Thursday, March 21, 2013

Where I've been...

I started thinking last night as I crawled into bed if I could remember how I felt before this all started. It is hard to remember even though it has only been 11 weeks. But when I think of my lifestyle and how boring it was as far as activity I can imagine how I felt. I think about those first 2 weeks of bootcamp when I thought I made a horrible mistake as compared to how I feel today. Yes I am sore and tired but more importantly I am genuinely happy. I wake up proud of myself and go to bed proud of myself. Some people are worried that once I finish bootcamp I will backslide. Well first off I'm doing it all again. So that is a ways off. More importantly I can remember how I felt those first workouts versus now and I don't ever want to feel that awful again. While that may not be enough motivation, I think it is a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Cout,
    This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with me (and everyone else). I’m so proud of you and happy for you. You are awesome. Not just because you are kicking a$$ and taking name (which is quite awesome). Not just because you have been working so hard at this (I refuse to fail is a perfect tag line). Not just because you constantly inspire me to be a better person (I felt this way long before you started boot camp). Not just because I love the way that you look at the world and at yourself. You are truly awesome- because it is innate- it is who you are.
    Happy new year, by that way :). I have a feeling that this is going to be the best year ever. I’d say that I wish you “health and happiness” but it looks like you’ve found both and are already making that “wish” come true. So here is to a year of you- a year of awesomeness!
    Love,
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete