Monday, March 11, 2013

Knowing myself and setting my goals...

We only have 3 weeks left in this round of bootcamp. While I know that I have another 12 after that and well possibly another 12 after that...I have to put that session out of my head. I have to focus on the here and now. My goal at the end of this 12 weeks is to weigh what it says on my drivers license. I am six pounds away from that. I have 3 weeks. So I am going to push in these last few weeks to reach that attainable goal. Remember many weeks ago I posted about figuring out attainable goals and how my friend A.P. had mentioned that I needed to learn my body and set goals I could attain. I'm grateful for that conversation because each week I have set a goal. Last week I was FLOORED when I dropped 8lbs in a week. My immediate decision was I wanted any loss I could get after that and at a minimum to maintain and not gain. I like to do projections weeks and months out and see what I may weigh at those life events on spreadsheets. Today I erased those projections and I am re-focusing on a week to week mentality. Life is going to change. There are going to be good weeks and bad weeks and AMAZING weeks. I cannot set myself up for failure so I will take the losses with appreciation and evaluate what I could have done differently and try to change it up. For now, I'm happy I met this weeks goal of don't gain and I even lost half a pound. But I want that 6 pounds so let's see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment