Monday, March 18, 2013

When I see myself through others eyes...

Today I had the chance to see myself through others eyes on three different occasions.

This morning my friend at work looked at me and said 'Wow it is just melting off!' I've heard this from a few people and while I love the admiration I assured her it is not melting off I am working my A$$ off and earning every ounce that I lose.

Then I had to go to a someone's office on another topic. The conversation evolved and I fessed up to this project to which he said, 'I wanted to say something but didn't know how.' I thanked him and assured him that he can always compliment me on weight loss.

Finally, tonight. I went to class I hadn't planned on attending and J (from yesterday's post on Gliders) was taking the class. She told me she was so proud of me for not giving up on the gliders and just said several nice things culminating in 'Can I give you a hug?' And that made my day.

Too often, though I try not to do it, I focus on where I am going and don't appreciate where I am. I think part of this is out of fear of getting stuck here. But you know what I have to stop and admire and appreciate. I have to notice when people look at me like something is different and smile to myself. Because at this point and moving forward it is only gonna get better. If I feel this good about myself now, how am I gonna feel next week, next month...next year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment