Saturday, March 2, 2013

I ate cake and it was delicious...

So to the tune of my previous post, I am working on forgiving myself but not giving myself permission to repeat bad behavior. With that in mind I gave myself permission to enjoy a special event with my wonderful sorority sisters today. While I did 'splurge' on bad for you food, my splurge was minimal and planned. No more so than the cake. I asked for a small piece and looked at it and after eating it I realized I did something I didn't before. I thought about what I was eating, I thought about the taste and texture and how I felt eating it. And, while I'm not gonna lie it was yummy I also knew this would not be a daily/weekly occurrence. I enjoyed the treat, and then I went home, put on my running shoes and knocked out a 500 calorie burn at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment