Thursday, March 14, 2013

Music as motivation...

So you know that moment when you are in your car and you are singing along to the radio and someone pulls up next to you and laughs. Well take that moment, make it so you are wearing headphones, you forget where you are (on an elliptical in a crowded gym) and you start dancing and singing. Yup I did that. Yup they saw me. Nope I don't care. Let's talk about music and how it relates to my workouts. When I am in a class and there is good music I enjoy the workout a lot more. When there is bad music I am a little bit disappointed. The good news is that has only happened a couple times. I have put together a playlist of songs that would never be played in church. I have to say, when I have the choice of buying the clean version of a song versus the dirty one...I go dirty all the way. My top five pics right now (which I admit are rather mysogenistic) are:

#5: All night Longer- Sammy Adams: I love this when I am doing push ups. I try to do push ups on the beat.
#4: Wobble- V.I.C: This is my favorite warm up song. I start running to the beat then double the beat on the elliptical.
#3: Get Low Featuring Flo Rida and T-Pain: When the workout says sprint...this is my go to song
#2: Running Up That Hill- Placebo: When I am hitting a wall I listen to this and it pushes me. It is a little slower so I like it on the inclines but it moves me and keeps me going.
#1: Thrift Shop- Featuring Wanz: I laugh no matter where I am or what I am doing when I hear this and sing along. It is just fun and yes it's the dirty version.

Ok this is the first time I'm asking for comments...what songs get you moving? Which ones make you keep moving?

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit- I love Rhianna when I need that kick in the pants to go an extra mile or in a sprint session. Or Thrift Shop, but you already now that!

    This is f*ing awesome!

    ReplyDelete