Monday, January 14, 2013

9,239

Well my first full week of bootcamp finished at midnight last night when the clock rolled over on my 'Lose It' application and the counting started again. Unfortunately since I am on the road I missed the first weigh in. Rather than mess up the timing and weighing in on Friday then again 4 days later I have decided not to weigh in this week. Instead I will focus on what I have done with my first week.

1. When I did my first take home workout I struggled to keep going for 12 minutes of a 36 minute workout on an elliptical at a level 1 and stopped 4 times in 36 minutes. Today, I did take home workout #5 and finished the 43 minutes on the elliptical increasing and decreasing speed while increasing and decreasing the levels and stopped once for a couple seconds to take a sip of water.  Then I hopped over to the treadmill for a brisk 20 minute walk!!!

2. Last week after 30 minutes I was in physical pain. Every muscle hurt and I wanted to cry when walking up or down stairs. Now, while I am sore I am not in pain. And my solution to soreness is to get my ass back on the elliptical.

3. Food: I am eating to fuel my body and not for pleasure (though you can enjoy a healthy dinner). I am looking and considering food before I eat it. I haven't eaten a cookie, candy or any other form of processed sugar in a week.

4. Soda, while I haven't cut Diet Coke out completely (yah don't know if I can do that...) I have dropped my intake dramatically.

5. Water...well let's just say I am extremely hydrated!

I feel like all I do is sweat, shower, work, plan meals, sweat, shower sleep...and I kind of really love it. Not to be self righteous but because when I look in a mirror, I smile at myself because I have done something good for myself every single day this week.

So I lowered my BMR number (ie calories I can take in an maintain weight) by 500 calories a day totaling 3,500 calories. Then with workouts I brought up my total reduced calories to 9,239 for the week! Think about that for a minute. And I have never been hungry and had to deny myself food. I will say, it is tempting to see that I burn off 500 calories and then not say hey I can eat another 500 calories. Once I burn it off for the day, it is off. And, I have never felt better.

So... 9,239 was my number this week. Let's see what next week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment