Monday, January 28, 2013

Fighting that little voice...

Everyone has a voice inside them. Sometimes it tells them to do the right thing or do the wrong thing and sometimes it is a self defeating voice that says don't even bother. I have spent a lot of time in the last three weeks trying to overcome that little voice. To change it and make it know that 'I can't' or 'It hurts too bad' or 'You aren't going to be successful' are not acceptable mantras. I am trying to replace that voice's negative statements with slightly more positive though realistic ones like "I can do this for 40 more seconds!" or "This hurts like a b*+#h but it will be over soon and you'll feel good." And, my personal new favorite..."You put on your shoes and walked out the door...right there that is success."

No comments:

Post a Comment