Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hitting the road...

I decided to start this adventure after some other items in my life had already been put on the books. One of those items was a trip to the greater D.C. area both for work and for fun. My friend from my years in Boston recently had her first baby and I took this as an opportunity to meet the cute lil guy.

There is no secrecy in this project so I reached out to her and let her know what I am doing and told her what I needed from her to help. God bless her she was more than obliging. Cooking amazing meals of steamed veggies and lean proteins. Letting me use her elliptical in the early hours of the day to get workouts in. Before I even walked out the door I had a plan in my head for how I was going to workout and burn calories. I packed all my snacks (almonds, fruit, protein bars) before I went to the airport.

We walked the National Mall on Saturday for many hours and I burned a bunch calories that way. My proudest moment? I went to the Jefferson Memorial for the first time since I was a little squirt and I walked up the stairs and didn't get winded. Then when walking down the stairs, I didn't hesitate to scurry down them. See, usually I go slowly, terrified of losing my balance. Not this time. I can totally do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment