Monday, January 7, 2013

Seriously?! Again??!!!


4:41am I woke up and stared at the clock willing it to turn back by 40 minutes, no such luck. Out of bed 9 minutes later, dressed and ready. Tried to choke down some Kashi but too damn early. Oh well, I'm learning. Then grab my bags I packed yesterday and off I go! Thank god for small blessings, no frost on my car this morning so I saved 2 minutes of scraping and busted out to the indoor soccer fields in Lenexa. We all stood there looking at each other like deer in headlights, some from exhaustion some from fear and some (like me) from questioning what the HELL AM I DOING HERE?!

Warm ups, to call them warm ups would be shall we say a lil too lenient. Walk around the soccer field, ok no problem. Now jog (or speed walk which is what I did). Now skip...now high step...now walk...now run...now side step lunge...now high step...now back kick (ie:try to kick your butt while walking/running)...and....reverse and do the whole thing again....15 minutes of this. OWWWW

Sip of water (not a gulp)

Then we learn moves they do at Fusion... The speed skier, the climber, then some evil leg lift thing. Squats squats squats. Ok now we are going to jog then sprint or walk then jog back and forth across the field 'Push yourselves'.

Then more steps, more lunges, kicks etc.

Sip of water (not a gulp)

Then yoga mat time...pick a partner....One partner does Wall sits (like an 'aided' long term squat) while the other does bicycles then you switch.

And then it started again. One nice girl told me she thought she was gonna vomit. And that put the idea into my body and after 5 minutes of fighting it...ran to the bathroom again (this time the ladies) and well...let it go. Splash some water on my face, rinse my mouth and run back in. Just in time to alternate between mountain climbers and jumping jacks. Finally finishing with super shitty ab work and stretching.

Man that is a LOT in one hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment