Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Well hell, I have dimples that aren't in my fanny...

A trick of being a big girl is not having a full length mirror. In an emergency I stand on a chair so I can get a glimpse of an outfit or stand on my front porch and see my reflection in the front door. Long and the short, not a lot of time is spent in front of mirrors. See, if you don't look in a mirror you don't see your body falling apart. You don't look in a mirror you can pretend you aren't the biggest you have ever been.

Lately, I love mirrors. No I haven't lost a ton of weight but my body is changing. My skinny jeans don't require me to suck it in, in fact I can take em off without unbuttoning them! When I go to the gym, after a workout, I take a second and look at myself in the full length mirror. Perhaps the bodily changes aren't visible to all, but I feel them. Even if it is just a shift in my attitude. My attitude that looks back at me in the mirror and smiles because I know that rather than sitting my butt on the couch for three hours I was in the gym at 5:30am and again at 5:30pm. I do know my face is less puffy and when I smile just right...there they are...a couple lil dimples...not very well defined but they make me giggle...

No comments:

Post a Comment