Monday, January 21, 2013

On kicking your own ass...

Today is Monday. That means that there is no time for the 'Mondays', rather alarm at 4:45am and in the car at 5:10 and freezing in single digit weather. My mind and heart weren't in the right place this morning. I went to bootcamp of course, but I really just went through the motions. I didn't push myself and I know it. For some reason I held back. I know I burned calories cause I was a sweaty mess and it hurt but still not my best effort.

This nagged at me all day. It nagged at me during breakfast, while I worked on my to-do list, while I made my lunch while I answered emails...all the while in the back of my mind I thought 'You can do better.' So, at 3:00 I made the decision that my evening workout would not in fact be an easy one. Instead, I did one of our 3 take home workouts and pushed myself. Where we were supposed to be at a level 4 on the treadmill or 40 RPM on the elliptical...I kicked it up to 50 RPM. I pushed and I pushed and I pushed. And now, I can put my head down tonight knowing that I did in fact push myself. Sometimes you can be your best ass kicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment