Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's my cellulite bursting...

I treated myself and stayed in bed til 9am. Way way way to late. It threw off my plan and after an hour on the elliptical the pool was filled with little ones having swim lessons. So instead of laps, I ran to target and didn't care that I was a hot sweaty mess in spandex. Until two weeks ago wouldn't be caught dead in public like this.

Came home and downed my lunch (slices of chicken breast with mustard, carrots and a special treat of sugar free pudding). Did I mention I cut out all sugar (save for a luna bar) ie no candy cookies sweets for the last two weeks.

Then before cleaning up, sneakers back on and my fanny was back out the door for an hour power walk through my neighborhood. Up and down the hills...looking at the beautiful old homes in my neighborhood. Waving to my elderly neighbors out enjoying the sunshine. Smiling at the dogs especially the unusually animated basset hound. And just like that, I was done for the day.

I walked back in the house and felt a feeling I hadn't felt in a while. A popping in my thighs and fanny. And laughed. See my friend E used to do the elliptical in my building's gym years ago and when we would feel that feeling she'd turn to me and say 'I imagine that is my cellulite bursting.' So now, whenever that feeling hits me I imagine that it is my dimpled cellulite bursting and I am satisfied with my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment