Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I imagine this is similar to childbirth...

I had my first Fusion class tonight. It is one of the three weekly meetings of my bootcamp group. 6:40 pm. I'm thankful that I was forewarned on how hard it was but have to say in the first two minutes I thought...'No possible way...'
Here I am an hour and a half later after finishing and here is what I now know:

1. Fusion is a mix of crazy painful movements done in 60 second intervals over 60 minutes with no resting in-between
2. Your heart rate (or mine at least) is at its peak in about 4 minutes
3. There is no shame in modifying moves to both push your body while not causing damage
4. There is also no shame in sweating your ass off in front of others...it is in fact very lady like
5. Every muscle in your body can shake at the same time from sheer exhaustion

I've never given birth. But I've heard from friends about how you use every part of your body to focus on that single task and at the end you are exhausted and elated at the same time. Tonight, I feel like I've given birth to my new self. I am exhausted both physically and mentally but I am elated at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment