Sunday, January 27, 2013

The numbers frustration...and solution

I'm a results person. I like projects with a defined beginning, middle and end. I like to have measured progressive steps and quantitative proof of those steps. So imagine my frustration when I step on the scale and the weight isn't dropping. I love my friends who reassure me with 'You are building muscle.' I know this to be true but it doesn't always help when all you want is that number to drop. So I decided to come up with other numbers.

50 - The number of minutes I can now do the elliptical at a minimum RPM of 55 without stopping
10- The highest incline I can do so far on the elliptical
10 (again)- The number of minutes I can do a 10 incline on the elliptical before I need to lower it for 5 minutes
9,500+- The average number of calories I have cut per week
5,500+- The average number of calories I burn a week sweating my a$$ off
8- The number of inches I have lost on my body
3- The number of weeks I've been working at this
9- The number of weeks left in this session
35- The number of years give or take a few I never imagined I could do something like this

No comments:

Post a Comment