Sunday, January 6, 2013

Yup, I vomited...

So we started today. It was orientation. That seems like a rather innocuous term, just starting off. You know we are gonna take some measurements, talk about nutrition etc...

Well it started with paperwork, then weigh in (no one sees your number but you) and you have to write that number down. I had to smile big for the camera for a front view and a side view...woo hoo. For a girl who is avoiding mirrors and getting her picture taken this was a scary moment. Then you go measure yourself (hips, waist, bust) and again write those down privately. Then thanks to that ration you get your BMR which is your calories to maintain. Then you subtract 500 yes 500 calories from that to get your daily target. Shit...shit shit shit. This is a time you say man why am I so darn short?!

After that lovely experience I hear my name, turn around and see a friend from college who I haven't seen in probably 6 or 7 years. It would be too much to hope that the girl who was once the star soccer player could have gotten fat after 4 kids. No such luck, she is an instructor but I have to say always the nicest girl and so positive and excited for me so that helps.

Then the real fun. with a partner and an instructor watching you you got to do the following:

1 minute of push ups
1 minute of squats
Planking for as long as you can
Jumping rope for a minute
And finally the fresh hell of running up and down a high step platform for 3 minutes to get your Active Heart Rate.

Then we all sat, learned about the program, heard inspirational information then it began. They started talking food...how we view food, how we eat, what we eat, how we have to change our minds and in between they kept naming examples. Suddenly I felt hot, sweaty and gross and felt something rising up in me. Room was spinning and my body was fighting so yup...up I jumped and briskly walked out of the room...straight into the Men's room where I promptly vomited. Excellent...excellent well done...SHIT. So I rinse my mouth out, splash some water on my face and ready to go. Walked back in like I just really needed to pee and sat. I felt so much better and all I could think was thank GOD I wasn't too nervous to get up and walk out...or too nervous to get up and walk back in.

Now to get the house in order and get to bed early cause 4:45 is gonna come real early....

No comments:

Post a Comment